Monday, October 15, 2007

Why Am I Here?

I'm starting this blog with entries about what led up to me wanting to keep it. This post is backdated to approximately the date it happened.

No, this isn't one of those philosophical posts about the meaning of life, but with the ridiculous number of food blogs, message boards and websites around, I thought I should explain why I thought the Internet needed another one.

I didn't. I thought I needed another one. One of the many things I learned about myself from doing the Master Cleanse is that my chances for success increase when other people know what I'm doing. This may partially be because my friends are all awesome, supportive and inquired about every step of it (some of them even did it for a few days themselves), but I think it's more because if people know what I'm doing, I feel stupid wussing out of it publicly and there's nothing I hate more than feeling stupid.

As I think I may have mentioned, now that I'm done with the Cleanse, I'm starting with a clean slate, nutritionally. Making the most of that will take the kind of vigilance that comes from not wanting to look like an ass in public, so I'll be using this space to post recipes, pictures, food links etc. that I'll be using to keep myself healthy. Since I'm mostly cooking food that'll be packed up into single-portion containers and brought to work, my photos won't be all pretty like the ones you see on the PPK flickr. They'll just be good enough to see how mine turned out, so if you try the recipes and they look completely different, you know one of us goofed (probably me).

If I don't update for a while, please send someone to find me. I'll probably be trapped in an avalanche of pizza, macaroni and cheese and General Tso's "chicken".

No comments: