Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Channukkah!

I still have food from last week to discuss, but the holiday is almost over and I want to post this before I miss it.



Vegetable Menorahs! A cute idea, executed less than skillfully. I probably should have asked someone who can cut in a straight line to do it.

Made of butternut squash roasted with rosemary and thyme, zucchini roasted with garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and asparagus grilled with garlic and salt, according to the recommendations in Veganomicon.

And in case anyone's wondering, my parents got me a food processor for Channukkah and I love it. My life has changed already!

(kinda)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very precise on cutting and chopping...but I am a bit ocd.

Tip?

For, say the asparagus, align the tips and make your cut all at the same time with a chef's knife. Easy as pie. =)

Anonymous said...

And, YAY! for the food processor! Congrats! Mom and Dad are the awesome!