Monday, March 24, 2008

MOAR Indian Food

Fabulous as it was, Eat, Drink & Be Vegan's curry and raita were not enough to satiate my Indian food craving. I needed more. So I made Vegan Planet's Tofu Vindaloo the following week. It really hit the spot.



I was initially hesitant about making the Tofu Vindaloo because I hate cooked peppers; even the smallest touch of them can ruin a dish for me. But I gave it a try anyway. I figured my mother would eat it if I didn't like it.

Well, my mother only got a couple of forkfuls because this stuff is really, really good. The flavor of the cooked peppers blends in with all the seasonings, making it nice and spicy, not peppery. As good as the vegetables tasted, the tofu really made it. I could have snacked on the tofu cubes all day.

Vegan Planet is a huge book. It's so big it intimidates me. I never know what to make from it and I'm afraid that I'll pick the one recipe I won't like and it'll put me off the book altogether. This is why I haven't made much from it, yet. It isn't really in my regular cookbook rotation. But when I'm in the mood for something specific, it's pretty much guaranteed to have what I want in it and I haven't been disappointed by it yet.

No comments: