Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ode to a Chocolate Chip Cookie


The last batch of cookies I made for the people who contributed to our bake sale was the chocolate chip cookies from Isa and Terry's upcoming Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. I've made and posted about them too many times to count, so I won't get all redundant about how easy, fast and delicious they are, or about how everyone who's ever tried them has loved these crunchy cookies (once I solved the crumbling issue - make them a wee bit smaller).




Instead, I present to you...A POME!


Ode to a Chocolate Chip Cookie

Hem hem.

Cookie, cookie round and sweet,
you are what I like to eat.
Crunchy, chewy or in between,
you are always what I need.
I love you when your chips are plenty.
I love you when they're rather melty.
I love you when you're big or small.
Chocolate chip cookies one and all
should go in my face right now.

(As long as they're vegan.)

Thank you and good night! I'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your bartender!

No comments: