Thursday, November 12, 2009

Currying Favor

I love curry. I say this despite knowing most of the curries I eat are not authentic and most authentic ones burn my face off. So far, none of Isa Chandra Moskowitz's recipes have burnt my face off, for which I'm grateful. I most recently tested her potato spinach curry and tamarind quinoa recipes.



The potato spinach curry is a super simple curry reminscent of sag aloo. Everything with the word "aloo" in it makes me happy and the use of frozen chopped spinach made it nice and creamy.

The real star of the show was the tamarind quinoa, though. I could have easily eaten the whole pot. It uses tamarind concentrate, which I'd never had before, but apparently really like! There are also peas and raisins in it, giving it a really nice bite and making it fun to chew. I can't wait to use the rest of my jar of tamarind concentrate (there will be a tamarind tempeh recipe coming up soonish)!

No comments: