Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Interfood

That's like a food interlude. Edibles are still taking a back seat to other things, but I wanted to pop in to mention how thoroughly awesome I think Vegan Eat World, Terry Hope Romero's next book, is going to be. I've only tested about a dozen recipes so far, and have no photos to show for it, but almost all of them have been serious winners.

My coworkers are still talking about the This is Sparta! Spinach Pie that I made a few months ago. If you like dill (and spinach), you will LOVE that pie. My mother has wanted to eat nothing but the Pho Noodle Soup with Sizzling Seitan and Bok Choy all winter, while my brother inhaled an entire batch of Thai-style Jungle Seitan Curry (which was too spicy for me) and I want to eat Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Sage by the pile. There's a scrambled tofu Bahn Mi in there that has me completely rethinking brunch, too. I'm out of town right now (more on that later), but I have another pho recipe waiting for me when I get home and I can't wait.

No comments: